Valley Health is a nonprofit organization serving the healthcare needs of people in and around an area known as the Top of Virginia, as well as parts of West Virginia and Maryland.
Valley Health was incorporated November 4, 1994, after Winchester Medical Center (WMC) and Warren Memorial Hospital (WMH), in Front Royal, had partnered to serve the region. Headquartered in Winchester, Virginia, Valley Health now operates six hospitals: WMC, WMH, Shenandoah Memorial Hospital (SMH) in Woodstock, VA, Page Memorial Hospital (PMH) in Luray, VA, Hampshire Memorial Hospital (HMH) in Romney, WV, and War Memorial Hospital in Berkeley Springs, WV.
Valley Health has a combined 594 licensed inpatient beds and 166 long-term care beds. The system is supported by more than 5,300 employees, and a medical staff of over 500.
The Valley Health family of services includes:
- Winchester Medical Center
- Warren Memorial Hospital (Front Royal, VA)
- Shenandoah Memorial Hospital (Woodstock, VA)
- Hampshire Memorial Hospital (Romney, WV)
- Page Memorial Hospital (Luray, VA)
- War Memorial Hospital (Berkeley Springs, WV)
- Valley Regional Enterprises, Inc.(Valley Home Care, Valley Medical Transport, Valley Pharmacy)
- Surgi-Center of Winchester
- Urgent Care (Winchester, VA; Front Royal, VA; Martinsburg, WV)
- U.S. News Best Regional Hospitals for 4 Specialties (2015-2016)
- U.S. News Common Care – Heart Failure
- WorkHealthy America Excellence Recognition
- Leapfrog “A” for Patient Safety (2015)
- HealthCare’s Most Wired™ (2015)
- Magnet Recognized Hospital
- High Performing Hospitals for Heart Failure – U.S. News & World Report (2015-2016)
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission
Nestled in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley at the top of Virginia and 72 miles northwest of Washington, D.C., Winchester offers a highly desirable lifestyle.
With seven major roadways converging in Winchester, the area is situated within a 3-hour drive to 14% of the U.S. population.
- 50 miles from Dulles International Airport
- Winchester population: 26,203; Frederick County population: 78,305
- Average high/low in July = 85/65; average high/low in January = 40/23
Area Awards and Recognition:
- Winchester named in list of “10 Best Places to Retire” – Kiplinger’s Personal Finance Magazine (August 2015)
- Winchester included in a blog post by We3Travel “Exploring the Small Towns of the Shenandoah Valley”. Quote: "Winchester was the prettiest of the towns we visited in the Shenandoah Valley." (2/24/16)
- Winchester was included in an Apartment Advisor blog about the 23 Best Cities for Young Families.
- Winchester included in Washingtonian article about fastest growing suburbs to Washington D.C. (4/1/15)
- 10 Beautiful Towns in Shenandoah Valley, theculturetrip.com (4/22/15)
- 15 Foodie towns to try in 2015, Virginia is for Lovers travel blog (4/22/15)
- Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival nominated for best southern event by USA Today readers
- Winchester included in Washingtonian Magazine’s August issue – 25 Great Small Towns feature: “25 destinations that are charming, laid-back and worth a visit”
- #15 (out of 200) in Forbes list of Best Small Places for Business and Careers (7/30/15)
- Winchester recognized as a great place to retire by Fidelity.com (August 25, 2015)