Carilion Clinic is a not-for-profit healthcare organization serving nearly one million people in Virginia through hospitals, outpatient specialty centers and advanced primary care practices. Led by multi-specialty physician teams with a shared philosophy that puts the patient first, Carilion is committed to improving outcomes for every patient while advancing the quality of care through medical education and research. For more information visit www.carilionclinic.org/about.
• Top 4 Hospital in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report (Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital)
• Consumer Choice No. 1 by National Research Corporation (tenth consecutive year, Carilion Roanoke Memorial and Roanoke Community Hospitals)
• Magnet designation by American Nurses Credentialing Center (third certification, Roanoke campus, including Carilion Roanoke Memorial and Roanoke Community Hospitals)
• Top 100 Most Integrated Healthcare Network in the United States (by SDI Health as published in Modern Healthcare) • Beacon Award for Excellence in coronary critical care by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital)
• Top 125 orthopedic program by Becker‘s Hospital Review
• Top 100 heart program by Becker‘s Hospital Review
• Top 100 for hip and knee replacement by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital)
Roanoke is located midway between New York City and Atlanta on I-81 in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Southwestern Virginia. It is only a 3 hour drive to Charlotte, N.C., and Richmond, Va., and is less than a 3.5 hour drive to Washington, D.C.